In this article you will learn the basics of how to create a Facebook business page. After learning the basics you will be able to manage, add or delete all the details of your business easily.
How to find the pages section?
On the left hand side panel click on the pages tab and then click on the create page tab
Next choose the basic business info:
After clicking on create page, you have to choose your business type from the six categories:
- Local business or place
- Company, organization, or institution
- Brand or product
- Artist, band, or public figure
- Cause or community
You can change your category if needed. Every description of the page is different from each other. For example Local business page will look differently from company page.
Following the category section next set up the details:
- About your page – The description should be 155 characters long. It will appear near the top of the page, so the description should be descriptive and helpful.
- URL – The web address should contain your brand, store or company.
There is another option of customizing your URL. You can unlock this option after reaching 25 fans.
- Profile picture –Upload image on the picture icon of your page. Square images are preferred and liked .if you choose image of rectangular shape Facebook will crop to the square dimension itself.
Add awesome cover image for your page:
You can add a visual element in your business page by providing a master cover photo with descriptive details. The size of the cover image should be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall on website. Facebook crops the image for mobile devices.
After adding the cover photo fill your profile completely: To complete your profile click on about tab on the left side of the menu.
The helpful information which is best to fill can be said as-
- General information
- Phone number
- Email address
- Web URL (optional)
All of the details will appear in the about section of your page
Add a collaborator for your page:
If you have assigned a team for your the marketing of your page then you can assign roles as-
And you are ready to publish your first post:
Post published by you can be status update, a link, photo or a video.
And there you are with your business page. We will be updating more details of how to manage , create or make your more likeable in the next article.